Who we are
The information we collect about you
Each time you visit our site, we may automatically collect information about you and the device you are using, including:
- information about which pages you visit and which resources you use on our site
- information about how you got to our site
- your internet protocol address, known as your IP address, which is used to connect your device to the internet
- our device’s operating system and platform
- the type and version of the browser you are using
- browser plug-in types and versions which extend the functionality of your browser, for example Pinterest, Evernote and Adblock
- MAC addresses which are used as network addresses for Wi-Fi and Ethernet
- traffic data, which is aggregated information about the number of visitors, sessions, users and page visits to our site
- location data and time zone setting
If you sign up with us, we will also collect:
- your first and family/last names
- your email address
- your mobile number
- your postcode
Please note that as a user of our website, you are responsible for keeping your login information including your password confidential. If you believe that your login information or password has been compromised or that someone else has accessed your account, please notify us immediately by contacting us at hello@BatonOfHopeUK.org.
Where do we get your information from?
Why do we need your information?
We need the information we collect automatically about your visit to our site to:
- administer our site
- improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our services when you choose to do so
- analyse how visitors use our site (including behaviour patterns and the tracking of visits across multiple devices)
- improve your online experience
We need the information you provide directly by filling in our Register Interest or other forms to:
- send to you relevant and appropriate news and updates
- contact you about those services on our site in which you have expressed an interest
You do not have to give us any information or confirm that the information we have obtained from other sources is correct.
Who do we share your information with?
We also use a number of carefully selected third parties to supply us with IT products and services. We will only share your information with our suppliers where it is necessary for them to provide us with the services that we need.
Where is your information stored?
Your information is generally stored on servers and filing systems in the European Economic Area which includes the UK. From time to time it may be stored in or accessed from countries outside the EEA. Where this may happen, we always make sure that there are appropriate safeguards in place, such as the model contract clauses, binding corporate rules or the EU-US Privacy Shield, to guarantee that your information – and your rights – are protected to the same high standard as under UK law.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy notices and cookie notices, and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those notices or your use of those websites.
Unfortunately, sending information via the internet is not totally secure. Although we do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
How long do we keep your information?
We only keep your information for as long as we need it.
Do we carry out profiling and automated decision making?
We do not carry out any other profiling or automated decision-making in respect of the information we automatically collect about you when you visit our site.
What rights do you have?
Under the data protection rules, you have several rights in respect of your information, which include the right to:
- access your information
- withdraw your consent to the processing of your information at any time
- ask us to make changes to the information we hold about you to make sure that it is accurate and up to date
- delete or erase your information (sometimes called the right to be forgotten)
- stop or restrict our processing of your information
- object to our processing your information
- not be subject to automated decision-making and
- request the transfer of some of the information we hold about you (also known as data portability)
If you would like to exercise any of your rights, contact us at hello@BatonOfHopeUK.org. Please note that an archive copy of any information provided to us may be retained by us for our records and for audit purposes.
You have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you by sending your request in writing to us at the above address. You can unsubscribe from our emails at any time by sending us an email with your name and the word “UNSUBSCRIBE” in the heading of the email.
Making a complaint
If you are not happy with the way we have handled your complaint or are still concerned about our handling of your personal information, you have a right to take your complaint to:
The Information Commissioner’s Office
Tel: 0303 123 1113
Changes to this notice
We will regularly review this notice and keep it updated to make sure that the information we provide you with is accurate and up to date. We will retain previous versions of the policy which can be requested from us at hello@BatonOfHopeUK.org.
This notice is Version 1 and was last updated in June 2022.